Using VMware Player 3.1.4 build-385536
- 1. Shut down the Virtual Machine
- 2. Expanding the VMDK
In VM Hardware setting, increase the HD size
- 3. Resize boot partition
As Windows doesn’t allow you to resize the active boot partition, you’ll need a third party tool to accomplish this step.
- In this case I used the GParted
All I did was to download the GParted ISO, mount it as a Virtual CD-ROM device and boot my VM from it.
- then GParted will provide you a great interface expand the existing partition.
- P.s mouse is only useful for exit. Use tab, arrow keys, and Alt + char to control the interface.
- 4. Remove the virtual CD-ROM device and reboot the VM